- Chiropractic is arguably the worlds most used and popular natural health care for many reasons, the main one being its focus of nervous system function. Your body is incredibly complex and intricate and your brain/nervous system is the master control system of your body. Through it your body controls the function of all of your cells and organs, directing everything from your breathing and digestion to the thoughts you have and the way you sense the world.
- Our chiropractors work with you to help reduce and eliminate Spinal Subluxations (these are areas of spinal malfunction causing nervous system ‘static’ or ‘interference’). Spinal Subluxations (SS) can interfere with the flow of information and energy along your nerves and may dramatically affect the function of your body in many different ways.
- Our focus is to analyze and locate SS and then help people reduce and eliminate them. This can help to improve the flow of communication throughout your nervous system and often improves the function of your spine. Then, because of the reduced SS pressure your body is better able to coordinate its functions, adapt to stress and heal itself. Many people then find relief from aches, pains and the symptoms of a huge range of conditions, and grow to be more flexible and healthy.
Spinal Subluxations can be caused by any stress that overwhelms your body
There are 3 main types of stress
- Physical stress
- A fall no matter how long ago (even as a toddler), slips, horse falls, car and bike accidents, difficult and traumatic childbirth or delivery, repetitive movements, poor posture, dental work, surgery, working in awkward positions, long car rides, being a couch potato.
- Chemical stress
- Junk food, toxins, additives and chemicals in foods, toxic sprays, cigarettes, medications, vaccinations, drug use.
- Mental and emotional stress
– Tension, poor relationships, low self esteem, financial and work pressure, arguments, life and career changes, emotional shock when your energy is low, pushing yourself to hard.
Long-standing spinal subluxations (ss) cause spinal damage and degeneration to the soft tissues around the ss. Chiropractic can work to reduce and halt spinal degeneration by improving spinal balance and posture and keeping your joints, nerves and discs healthy and strong. Of course, the best approach to spinal degeneration is to prevent it in the first place! That’s why spinal checkups for the whole family should be part of everyone’s healthcare regime.
“Chiropractic doesn’t cure disease, it works to rebalance posture and improve function of your spine and nervous system which enhances the health and well-being of your whole body”
Who uses Chiropractic and Wellness?
People who use our services at Living Chiropractic and Wellness range from newborn babies just a few minutes old to elderly, our oldest patient is 93 years old. We see athletes, injured people of all ages, people wanting the edge in their life, organ complaints, dogs and cats, children with behavioral issues, sleeping problems, nutritional and digestive complaints, respiratory and heart complaints, muscle pain…
Babies and Chiropractic and Wellness
The birth process can be one of the most traumatic events of our lives. Even natural birthing methods can stress a still-developing spine and nerve system. The resulting interference to the nervous system (aka spinal subluxation) can be the cause of many new-born health complaints such as:
- Unexplained crying and unsettled
- Poor appetite and feeding
- Breathing problems
- Allergic reactions
- Preferring to feed on one side
Our doctors use safe and gentle techniques with your children. Chiropractic care is an effective form of healthcare to use with your family.
– 80% of newborns have some sort of nerve dysfunction – Gutmann
– In 1250 babies studied, 5 days after birth, 95% not only had vertebral subluxation but also cervical strain injuries – Fryman
Children and Chiropractic and Wellness
We see many children from our community. Chiropractic is renowned to be the safest form of natural healthcare for your children and they love it.
Some Benefits May Include:
– Maximise and increase brain and nerve development
– Enhance overall wellbeing
– Strengthen immune system
– Reduce chance of asthma, ear infections, colic, allergies, learning challenges
– Improve spinal posture
– Assist with greater emotional wellbeing
– Improved sleep and behaviour
– improved concentration
Pregnancy and Chiropractic & Wellness
More women are choosing chiropractic first for the obvious benefits of better posture and maximising their own health so that pregnancy is a greater experience. Chiropractic can help prepare your body to be strong, flexible and balanced to carry your baby. Regular visits during pregnancy can help to assure optimum spine and pelvis alignment that may reduce interventions during birth.
Some Benefits May Include:
– Correct pelvic alignment to allow room for baby to move and grow
– Reduce pregnancy discomforts, nausea, heart burn, back pain, constipation, shortness of breath
– Reduce labour time by 24% in first time mums and 39% in experienced mothers
– Reduce in-utero constraint on the baby
– Reduce the possibility of assisted births eg: forceps, vacuum extraction & c-section
Sports and Chiropractic
Thousands of amateur and professional athletes have been utilizing the regular chiropractic care. In fact it’s estimated that 90% of the worlds top athletes use chiropractors. More recently professional athletic teams employ team chiropractors to regularly check the spines of their players for spinal subluxations on a regular and daily basis.
Chiropractic is regularly used by top players in rugby, netball, tennis, ballet, boxing, biking, car racing, golf, soccer, basketball, baseball, softball, hockey, running, weightlifting, moto-cross and horse riding. Chiropractic helps keep players on the field and helps to prevent minor injuries from becoming major ones and without the use of drugs or surgery. Many amateur and professional athletes wouldn’t dream of competing without first getting a chiropractic spinal check-up and they would also be checked and adjusted after their event. As you can see many athletes choose to be checked for performance enhancement and not because they are in pain.
Chiropractic and Peak Performance
If spinal subluxation interferes with the nervous system there is a reduction in the ability of the body to perform and heal at its fullest potential. Many athletes get regular chiropractic care to get the edge so they can perform at their highest level.
Benefits for sports may include:
- Improved balance and posture
- Improved coordination
- Greater flexibility
- Greater strength and power
- Greater speed
- More energy
- Quicker recovery from fatigue and injuries
- Less injuries
- Higher performance outcomes
- Greater mind body connection
- Faster reaction time
Elderly and Chiropractic
Chiropractors help millions of maturing individuals regain control of their lives every year. Our chiropractic care plans are designed to help reduce acute and chronic pain, increase flexibility, improve mobility and function, increase strength, enhance balance, and increase the overall quality of one’s life.
Chiropractic care involves spinal and extremity adjustive techniques, physical movements, soft tissue therapies, dietary and nutritional counseling, exercise and fitness counseling and many other safe and natural methods to improve health and prolong a vibrant and productive life. We can show you how to get the most out of your body so that you can get the most out of life.
A study evaluated the health status of 414 elderly individuals (average age 80 years) and compared those individuals under chiropractic care with those not under chiropractic care. The researchers found a number of significant findings, which included:
– 87% of those who used chiropractic care rated their health as good or excellent compared with only 68% in the nonchiropractic group
– 13% of those who used chiropractic care rated their health as fair or good compared with 32% in the nonchiropractic group
– 44% of those who used chiropractic care reported having arthritis compared with 66% in the nonchiropractic care group
– those who used chiropractic care were more likely to do strenuous levels of exercise
– at 3 years follow-up, less than 5% of those who used chiropractic care used a nursing home while a staggering 48% of those who did not use chiropractic care did use a nursing home
– at 3 years follow-up, only 26% of those who used chiropractic care were hospitalized compared with 48% of those in the nonchiropractic group
(Coulter, PhD et al. Chiropractic and Care for the elderly. Top Clin Chiro 1996;3(2):46-55.)”